Monday, August 16, 2021

Sketch Dump: The PO Notebook 5: Jade, Juliet, Katy, and others

This is another couple of sketches of  Jezebel Jade.  These are from Future QuestSteve Rude, one of my favorite artists, might have been the artist for these.  (A couple of different artists worked on the issue.) 


This is Juliet from an independent comic.  The coloring was different in the original.  I decided to go with a more Robin Hood look.


This is from a cover from an Archie/Katy Keene crossover.  I never could find the comic unfortunately.


These are two Internet artists.  On the left is a Loish drawing.  I haven't seen any of her artbooks at the bookstore.  I might get one if I do.  I screwed up using red ink on the lips.  On the right is another Cyarin self-portrait.   


This is the villain from an issue of the Legion of Superheroes.  She's from the same planet as Shadow Lass, which explains the blue skin.  The villain was way hotter than the heroine in the comic.  Shame on you Keith Giffen.  Under other artists, Shadow Lass would get a much-needed makeover.  (Giffen is another one of my favorite artists, at least during his initial LSH runs.)     


Ayukawa!  Yes, it's Madoka from Kimagure Orange Road.  This was a painting from a KOR book I have.  I  did this one after doing a bunch of mermaid sketches from the Pernille Orum artbook.  I think this is the best of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment