Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Sketch Dump: The PO Notebook 6: Mai the Psychic Girl

If you can believe it, back in the 80's you could collect all of the manga available in the US pretty easily.  There were only four titles available at first.  Mai the Psychic Girl was one of those titles.  It was about a Japanese girl with psychic powers being chased by an evil world-controlling organization.  I only bought a couple of issues because of the artwork.  I liked it enough to buy the three compilation volumes later.  (Actually, I bought one of them twice.  The original version came out in four volumes, which I bought one of on a whim.  I had to re-buy it to get the whole series.)  


I like this first sketch of Mai (and the dog, Ron).  The rest are a bit questionable.  

   







No comments:

Post a Comment