Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Sketches: Comic Books Characters 2

More comic book sketches.  Adam Hughes' Gwen Stacy painting inspired this sketch.  Sorry this is a questionable scan.  Hughes is a great artist.  I had to buy two trades and a back issue to get his three issues of Betty and Veronica, but it was worth it.  He seems to get a lot of criticism because he's a "good girl" artist, the ultimate crime.

This was from a great Mary Jane painting.  Sorry, I don't remember who did it.  I'm pretty happy with how my sketch of it turned out.



More 80's X-Men from Jim Lee.  I don't entirely agree with Psylocke's conversion to an Asian psychic ninja, but admittedly she looked good.
 

Here's a sketch of a cover of a romance comic from maybe the 50's or 60's.  I'm kind of sorry there aren't any romance comics anymore.  I've looked at a bunch of them on the public domain online archives.  Unfortunately, the artwork on many of them is pretty pedestrian.  


The name of this file says, "White Queen."  It sort of looks like her costume.  We'll go with that.


Lastly, here's a Wonder Woman portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment