Friday, September 11, 2020

Sketches: More Archie Characters

Here's a few more Archie sketches.  First up is one more Bob Montana inspired image.  This was a background character.  He even did glamorous extras.


These next two are of Katy Keene.  She's an Archie Comics character, but generally not affiliated with the gang until recently.  I tried to buy their crossover series, but came up dry at my local comic books store.  Still, I like the character a lot.  I think these are from some 80's appearances.    




Here's a couple of sketches of the vivacious Cheryl Blossom.  These were originally done by long time Archie artist, Dan Parent.  She was introduced into Archie Comics when Veronica started getting too nice and they needed a bad girl.  Her first appearance featured her going topless at the beach, I kid you not! 



Lastly, here are some more Betty and Veronica sketches, which were also originally done by Dan Parent (maybe, much like Archie Comics, I'm having some trouble crediting the correct artist).  I like his pinup material a lot.  This first one was a Free Comic Book Day cover.  I usually always picked up the Archie free comic every year.    


One sexy witch.

One sexy go-go dancer.


Veronica with cute bangs.

Veronica with some hair extensions?  Maybe she just let it grow out.  I should draw a picture of Ronnie with her Jackie O inspired bob cut that she had in the Sixties.   

No comments:

Post a Comment