Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Sketch Dump: Strangers in Paradise

I collected Terry Moore's Strangers in Paradise for a while.  I was attracted to the very clean and appealing black and white artwork.  Given the very feminist bent of the story, I assumed Terry was a girl, which he is not.  Strangely, I found some of the storyline personally relatable anyway.  Boy was that series end cringy though.  I'm not even the only one who thought that.  


Anyway, I liked the artwork and drew from the trades and issues I had.  I may have gotten rid of all them.  (I'm not writing this in my apartment.  I don't remember.)  I do definitely still have an anniversary coffee table book.  Everybody who sees it, immediately grabs it.  (It's way out of print.)  Katchoo was very fun to draw.  I think I still put little tick marks on noses now because of her.        




Who is the girl on the left?  I don't know.  She's probably from the comic.




This page was done in charcoal.  I think most of the rest of the drawings are in pen or in really dark pencil.



Here's one of Francine in charcoal.  She reminded me of a friend of mine.
  

Here's Wonder Woman with Katchoo.  Not an official team-up, just drawing two pictures on the same page.

No comments:

Post a Comment