Friday, September 25, 2020

Sketch Dump: Fan Strips

I've done some fan art.  It happens.  I was a fan of an online strip called Megatokyo.  I guess it's ended.  Maybe?  I doubt these strips will make much sense unless you were reading the strip in its early days.  In the first strip, I redrew the characters in a Peanuts style.



The next one continued on in that style and added an Evangelion gag.



The next one, I just went straight Evangelion parody.  


The next one here is a crossover between two online strips I liked, Sabrina and Staccato.  Sabrina is an anthropomorphic skunk and the strip has been going on for a long time and recently restarted.  Staccato has disappeared off the face of the Internet.  The character was an anthropomorphic hippo, if you can't guess from my drawings (which I'm sure you can't).  One of his friends was a talking basketball.    

I actually wrote out a little storyline where the characters and their friends met in a bar.  I illustrated the last strip and actually sent the whole thing to the guy who was doing Staccato.  He was nice about it and maybe flattered for the attempt.  Unfortunately, he hadn't heard of Sabrina, so no official crossover ever happened.      
   

No comments:

Post a Comment